R&D Team Leader
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
Our R&D Team
- We are passionate about scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code.
- As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to experience real highly-available architecture and take part in the ongoing efforts to enhance our scale and resilience. You’ll work with the most advanced technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources and complex analytical logic, with its high availability and strict SLA requirements
- Our business applications meant to serve our customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, written to maintain the operation of considerable onboarding size and monitor our merchants’ analytical performance
- Our culture is fast-paced, empowering, and collaborative. We work together as a department, and also, in smaller teams, enabling each developer to have a significant impact on our product. Each team member has a high level of independence and makes important decisions that influence our customers' payment flow and risk management.
About the Role
As an R&D Team Leads at Riskified, you will lead a talented group of experienced developers in creating mission-critical, real-time events processing infrastructure and services. The team responsible for the development and expansion of two new products, processing millions of events daily from multiple public APIs, providing data validation logic, events lifecycle, running complex business rules in real-time and smart error handling and recovery procedures.
We are looking for an R&D Team Leader with a passion for scale, performance engineering, availability, microservices, and clean code who is ready to tackle complex technological challenges, with high interest in our business and a proactive approach to constant improvement and problem-solving.
The ideal candidate will use their expertise in development, large-scale systems, and will be able to design, code, and maintain high performance and available services.
We use an interesting and mixed technology stack that supports our data pipeline, model training, and decision-making engine (Scala, Akka Stream, Kafka, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift), as well as, merchant-facing and operational applications (Ruby on Rails, Angular) and scalable infrastructure (Micro Services, Docker, Kubernetes).
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, build and manage Riskified’s next-generation new products
- Manage real-time services, addressing growing scale and microservices architecture
- Translate business and product goals to high-quality products
- Lead and mentor a team of Engineers that each plays a key role in planning and executing our product roadmap
- Own the team’s services end-to-end ensuring that we are highly available to our customers and support their critical flows
- Work with product managers, business, and other teams at Riskified
- Manage a complicated re-architecture and redesign process of a mission-critical service
- 2+ years as Team Leader for a mission-critical team
- 5+ years of proven hands-on production-grade development experience on a JVM based Scala/Java/Clojure system
- B.Sc in Computer Science
- High standards for code quality, testing, and performance
- 1+ years of experience with a functional programming language (Scala, Haskell, ML, F#) - strong advantage
- Ruby – advantage
- Microservices – advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 350 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more