Senior Corporate Accounting Manager
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
Riskified’s Finance team is hiring a Senior Corporate Accounting Manager to join our fast growing NY startup. In this role you will be responsible for leading all technical accounting matters as well as financial reporting aspects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing company, work on strategic financial information, provide guidance about company’s corporate accounting matters, and assist leadership in making informed operational and strategic decisions. We’re looking for a highly motivated person who wants to make a significant impact and join a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Write and maintain accounting memorandums and define accounting policies and internal controls to ensure appropriate accounting treatment under US GAAP
- Research, document and implement all significant/relevant technical accounting standards
- Participate in review of contracts for revenue recognition issues and provide accurate accounting guidance on revenue, cost of sales and other accounting aspects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all quarterly and annual disclosures and supporting schedules of the Company’s financial statements
- Monitor compliance to financial requirements outlined in contracts, company policies and local laws
- Provide technical accounting assistance for special projects
- Follow market comparables (earning calls, financial statements, analyst reviews & KPIs)
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures, workflows or system enhancements
- Qualified CPA, with US GAAP experience
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting managerial experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices for financial reporting;
- Strong ability to research US GAAP and Industry guidance
- Public company and SEC reporting experience (Advantage)
- Policies and regulations – Working knowledge of company policies, local laws, government regulations that pertain to all company-wide initiatives;
- Willingness to take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- Able to conduct research and work Independently
- Accurate, with great attention to detail
- Team player
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 400 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, team events, healthy snacks, yoga, pilates, soccer league, and more