Big Data DBA
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented multi disciplinary Big Data DBA who will be responsible for the performance, scale, and stability of our high volume products. We are a data-driven organization, ingesting data at high rates, with demands increasing each day.
As a Big Data DBA, you will be part of the Data Engineering group.
- Be responsible for large scale production database deployments providing sub-second data access for near real time apps with zero downtime.
- Develop self-service tools & deployments for the use of other dev departments.
- Be a center of knowledge, consult, and share your expertise with others
What You'll Be Doing
- Implement the future data architecture in Riskified, providing 24/7 real-time and near real-time scalable and resilient data store for our growing stack of products and microservices
- Administrate, provision and monitor dozens of database instances
- Develop strategic solutions to recurring problems
- Guide development teams and mentor other team members
- Use your creativity to resolve complex and high scale data related issues
- At least 3 years prior experience as a DBA
- Extensive experience working with cloud platforms (preferably AWS) including Cloud Formation/Terraform
- Academic degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in system Tuning
- Great Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Software development skills
- Experience with the Cloud Native stack(Kubernetes/Prometheus/Istio…)
- Experience with a cloud provider (AWS, Google etc)
- Experience with large scale production databases (SQL/NoSQL) and/or Kafka
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 450+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more