Big Data Team Leader
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
About the Role
Big data analysis is at the core of our technology. Riskified’s broad spectrum of departments - From data science to performance analytics, to customer support and finance - All depend on fast and easy access to high volume data. Our growth heavily depends on a system that can quickly and efficiently process data at scale.
Our revolutionary approach for Data Science, a key component in our success, relies heavily on our Big Data team to digest, process and serve data produced by billions of events per day.
Our key data pipelines include:
- Streaming events in near-real-time from multiple high scale production services into our data lake
- Processing data for our complex model training flow. Data pipelines supporting complex fraud detection patterns, potentially preventing fraud on a scale of millions of dollars per day (!)
Our Technological Stack includes: Scala/Spark, Dynamodb, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Redshift, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes and more
As aBig Data Team Leader, you will have a high impact on the future of big data in Riskified.
Your architectural vision will have a great influence on product roadmap strategy, and business growth.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead a team of brilliant and multi-skilled data engineers
- Solve high scale complex architectural challenges for multiple customers including research, data science, BI and more
- Drive data science to independence by building our data serving layer (data lake)
- Track and identify relevant new technologies in the big data realm, and incorporate them into the product through research and proof of concept activities
- Be a source of technical knowledge and experience, facilitating, building and mentoring great technical decisions
- BSc. in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in building a high volume data lake - must
- Expert level knowledge in Spark - big advantage
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team
- Experience in AWS cloud (or similar)
- Experience in software design, system architecture, and data modeling
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 450+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more