Data Scientist - Data Sources Team
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
The Data Sources team is responsible for exploring and evaluating the various data sources that make Riskified’s models and products possible. The team proactively explores data sources that can contribute new information and value to our models, tests them through a proof of concept, feature engineers the raw data and finally evaluates the expected value from these sources by augmenting our production models and testing for feature importance and performance lift. You’ll weigh in on the financial tradeoff between the potential model accuracy improvement vs the cost of the data source. These data sources include 3rd party vendors, open source data, our internally developed beacon and any additional information that may be provided by our customers.
The teams data scientists are experts at exploratory analysis and can quickly dig into new noisy unstructured big data that has barely been touched before and measure its value. The team is a fundamental part of Riskified’s data science department, leveraging data that will deeply help the collective effort.
What You'll Be Doing
- Take part in a team responsible for research, analysis, model training and validations to improve our products through different data sources
- Explore and analyze new and noisy data, wrangle it to submission, engineer features and evaluate its potential
- Work closely with other data science teams to evaluate model improvement’s potential through external creative data
- Explore potential improvements to our beacon technology
- Master the online fraud prevention domain
- At least 2 years experience as a Data Scientist in the industry
- B.Sc in exact sciences (M.Sc - advantage)
- Experienced with data science best-practices and machine learning algorithms
- Proficient in R / Python - functions creation, data wrangling, modelling
- Experience with analyzing unstructured, big-data
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to innovate through data exploration and application of non-trivial solutions
- Solid understanding of statistics and applied mathematics
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly explain complex concepts
- Experience with web scraping (e.g. Selenium, beautifulsoup) - advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 450+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more