Data Scientist - Offline Team
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies. Our customers include Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and more.
About the Role
The Research and Data Science department is focused on bringing value to Riskified through the development of algorithms and analytical solutions. As a data scientist in the research department, you will be a valuable member of an innovative and technical data science team working on various problems. The department uses a wide variety of advanced techniques and algorithms to provide maximum value from data in all shapes and sizes (such as classification models, NLP, anomaly detection, graph theory, deep learning, and more)."
The Offline team is responsible for the detection of large, sophisticated fraud attacks. Our models sit after the real-time decision-making models, and our goal is to take a proactive approach to find complex fraud patterns that are not detected otherwise. To solve this complex and dynamic problem we combine supervised and unsupervised models. We are responsible for the design, research and development of these tools, hence part of our work includes writing production code.
We are looking for a full-stack Data Scientist, with a strong background in mathematics or statistics, and the ability to write production code. Experience with graph theory or anomaly detection is a big advantage
What You'll Be Doing
- Design algorithms to challenging problems
- Build decision-making models to optimize the performance and coverage of our ensemble of classifiers
- Work with Riskified’s Analytics team to model fraud detection inference and prediction
- Collaborate with various teams within Riskified to enhance processes and expedite model development life-cycles
- Develop models and visualizations to help identify fraud ring attacks
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist in the industry
- M.Sc/Ph.D. in exact sciences
- Ability to write clean and concise code, ideally in R or Python
- Experience with graph theory and anomaly detection
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to innovate through data exploration and application of advanced solutions
- Solid understanding of statistics and applied mathematics
- Experienced with data science best-practices
- Dedication and persistence when it comes to monitoring and improving performance after deployment
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly explain complex concepts
- Experience writing production code - Advantage
- Experience using Docker and CI/CD - Advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv, New York City, and Shanghai. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more