Senior Accounting Manager
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.
About the Role
Riskified’s Finance team is hiring a Senior Manager of Accounting to join our fast growing NY startup. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with the Director of Accounting in all technical accounting and financial reporting matters. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful and growing company, work on strategic financial information, provide guidance about the company's corporate accounting matters, and assist leadership in making informed operational and strategic decisions. We’re looking for a highly motivated team player who wants to make a significant impact and join a dynamic, cross-functional team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Write and maintain accounting memorandums and define accounting policies and internal controls to ensure appropriate accounting treatment under US GAAP
- Research, document, and communicate to leadership the implications of various technical accounting and financial reporting matters
- Coordinate globally with consultants and advisors and help to manage the annual audit
- Participate in the preparation and review of all quarterly and annual disclosures and supporting schedules of the Company’s financial statements
- Follow market comparables and derive insights (earning calls, financial statements, analyst reviews & KPIs)
- Monitor compliance to financial requirements outlined in contracts, company policies and local laws
- Participate in review of contracts for revenue recognition issues and provide accurate accounting guidance on revenue, cost of sales and other accounting aspects
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures, workflows or system enhancements
- Qualified CPA with US GAAP experience
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience in a similar position
- Public company and SEC reporting experience
- Strong ability and desire to research US GAAP and industry guidance to apply to company fact pattern
- Policies and regulations – Working knowledge of company policies, local laws, government regulations that pertain to all company-wide initiatives
- Willingness to take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- Able to conduct research, work independently and manage large scale projects
- Accurate, with great attention to detail
- Team player with great communication skills
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In The News
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.