Backend Infrastructure Developer
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
We are passionate about scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code.
As part of our team, you'll have the chance to experience real highly-available architecture and take part in the ongoing efforts to enhance our scale and resilience. You’ll work with the most advanced technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources and complex analytical logic, with its high availability and strict SLA requirements
Our business applications, meant to serve our customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
Our operational tools, written to maintain an operation of considerable onboarding size and monitor our merchants’ analytical performance
Our culture is fast-paced, empowering, and collaborative. We work together as a department, and also, in smaller teams, enabling each developer to have a significant impact on our product. Each team member has a high-level of independence and makes important decisions that influence our customers' payment flow and risk management.
About the Role
Riskified's Application Infrastructure Team develops tools and code libraries for our Product Team, supporting our real-time decision making flow and microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience building real world systems with scale and latency in mind, as well as, debugging and monitoring complex distributed systems in a production environment.
As a Backend Infrastructure Developer in the team, we will rely on your technology knowledge and your experience. You will take a major part in design and development of tools and infrastructure for our development teams.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and distribute software packages
- Own the software infrastructure on which Riskified’s product is built
- Translate application development requirements into scalable and robust software libraries
- Take part in improving our microservice architecture and examine new technologies to enable it at scale
- Take part in revamping our architecture and coding culture
- Use and enhance our existing stack of Scala, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Elastic, Redshift, DynamoDB, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent certifications from the army
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- Experience with a wide array of programming languages and technologies in a microservice environment
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other Software Developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience on an Infrastructure Team - advantage
- Experience with one or more of Kafka, Elastic, Cloud, Scala - advantage
- Open Source contribution - advantage
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 500+ team members between our offices in Tel Aviv, New York City, and Shanghai. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Keren Hishtalmut and pension
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more