Scala Tech Lead
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
As a Scala Tech Lead in the Payment Fraud group, you'll provide fraud prevention and protection to thousands of e-commerce merchants. Our team consists of experienced backend engineers that own the analytical microservices which power Riskified’s flagship product. As part of our team, You'll be responsible for Riskified’s low-latency high-throughput analytical engine. You'll solve challenging problems daily, including optimizing data enrichment, feature extraction, and serving machine learning models in real-time. You'll own all aspects of the product, from technology selection, architecture, data modeling, testing, and monitoring.
Our Main Tech Stack:
Scala, Node.js, AWS, Aerospike, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop highly reliable, available, and scalable services with high impact on Riskified’s main product.
- Initiate technology improvements and proof of concepts to help drive efficiency
- Take an active part in designing architecture and planning roadmaps and products
- Mentor other engineers and provide best practices
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in hands-on server-side coding
- Vast experience with Scala and functional programming
- Working with data intensive systems and high scale APIs
- Hands-on experience building complex cloud native applications
- Passion for writing clean, testable, and robust code.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Lead significant projects end-to-end
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 750+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our Tel-Aviv team is currently working in a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members. We have recently moved to our new space in Tel Aviv - check it out here!
Some of our Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Equity for all employees, Keren Hishtalmut, pension
- Private medical insurance, extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, lunch stipend, happy hours, yoga, pilates, functional training, basketball, soccer
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!