Research Analyst - Data Science Analytics Team
Riskified is the world's leading eCommerce fraud-prevention company, using cutting-edge, machine-learning technology to outsmart eCommerce fraud and help our merchants grow. Our 1,600 clients include a number of Fortune 500 companies for which we’ve analysed billions of dollars of transactions across millions of transactions per day, returning decisions in sub-seconds.
About the Role
The Research department is part of the R&D group. The department’s main goal is to lead the development of modeling and data analysis for Riskified’s products, services, and internal departments׳ needs. It is responsible for training, evaluating and monitoring the models for Riskified’s different products, as well as for developing new features and algorithms.
The Data Science & Analytics team is comprised of domain experts with a high level of experience in machine learning, data analysis & data visualisation. As a member of our team, you’ll solve complex problems and improve Riskified’s products’ performance using data analysis and machine learning techniques.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work on machine learning projects including feature engineering, model training and validations to improve our fraud detection algorithms
- Define and track KPIs to measure improvements in the models
- Master the online fraud prevention domain through hands-on analysis of live data with our in-house analysis tools
- Work with the Operations team to identify shortcomings in our system and find solutions in the form of improved models and supporting mechanisms
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in a highly-quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science)
- Proficient in SQL (at least 1 year of hands-on experience)
- Proficient in R / Python - functions creation, data wrangling, reporting (at least 1 year of hands-on experience)
- Hands on experience with tidyverse R packages or with the Python pandas package - advantage
- Background in statistics / mathematics - advantage
- Working experience with using machine learning tools & algorithms - advantage
- High level of English, including experience in writing research reports and summaries
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 300 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some Tel Aviv Benefits & Perks:
- Stock options for all employees
- Extra time off for parents and caregivers
- Team events, fully-stocked kitchen, yoga, pilates, basketball, soccer, and more