Riskified is the world's leading eCommerce fraud-prevention company. We use cutting-edge technology, machine learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to outsmart eCommerce fraud and help our merchants grow. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including a number of Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
Riskified is in hyper-growth and hiring a Controller for our US office, with a CPA license and public accounting experience. As the fourth-ever member of Riskified’s NY Finance team, you will perform financial accounting support, assist in designing new processes and optimize existing ones, help define tax strategy, and other tasks. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the SaaS industry, building processes, and is an expert in research and analyzing statements/audit best practices. You will ensure US GAAP accounting and financial standards are met and maintained and provide guidance on business models and decisions from a Finance perspective.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial closing process of the NY site and prepare the reporting package to the Company’s headquarters for consolidation
- Perform overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, cash management, financial analyses and other projects as requested.
- Assist in designing new processes and enhance existing ones, implement new and scalable processes to support the company’s growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Help define tax strategy
- Assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws
- Review federal, state and local income tax returns
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting policies, internal controls, as well as short-and-long range planning
- Research and analyze accounting matters
- Prepare work papers and supporting schedules
- Assist company through systems implementation and transition
- Review contracts for financial and accounting implications to the business
- Support new and existing products, providing accounting guidance on business models and decisions
- Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field required; CPA required
- 5-7 years of public accounting experience
- 10 years general accounting experience
- SaaS industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks and work with multiple clients required
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
Life at Riskified
- We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 300 team members between our offices in Tel Aviv and New York City. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, team events, healthy snacks, yoga, pilates, soccer league, and more